Friday, January 6, 2012

New Years and New Lifestyles

WARNING: Wordy update....no pictures
We had a wonderful first Christmas as a married couple! We drove 12 hours..ish up to Chicago overnight to spend a good long weekend with my parents, Trigger in tow. He did awesome! And we had a great time. Then it was over too soon! Aaaaand I totally failed at taking pictures while at home, but that was due to having so much fun!
Got to see my two bestest friends while there, and it was my first time seeing them since the wedding. Also got to meet up with some alumni from my high school gymnastics days, and literally laugh out loud at how old and out of shape most of us were. I can still flip! ....and still look like a frog.
Since being back Devin has begun shadowing some police officers before heading to the Academy later this month. He's been coming home with the coolest/funniest stories!! He got to actually arrest a few people, clear a house and approach a car with gun drawn. SO COOL!!! I love hearing about his stories each day. My youth job has been pretty slow since it's winter break, but have had a few fun times with girls at our apartment. Nails, movies, hair, and food. Good girl fun! But had to put a password on my phone...naughty girls.
With the New Year here, I've been trying to brainstorm realistic resolutions for us as a couple. Resolutions are so easy just to put off, or do for a little while then "forget" about them. I found a website that encouraged ten simple ones, but I want to go beyond the easy ones. And who says we have to start on the 1st? I want our list to be a good, well thought out list that we come up with TOGETHER. (Which may be more difficult than it sounds) One that we have come up with is be better at training Trigger.
He has A LOT of dominance issues, that are not cute. It is so normal for people to just smack or hit their dog, but through much trial and error, I've realized how wrong it is. People told Devin and I, oh you have to hit them to get them to listen and respect you. DON'T listen if anyone ever tells you this. It broke my heart the day that Trigger cowered when I raised my hand! I immediately started researching other ways. So many people rant and rave about Cesar Milan and his training techniques, however not many people stick to them consistently. We can't exactly afford obedience classes, so its taking a LOT of work to stay on top of this. If you watch any of my updates on facebook, you'll see more than a few rantings haha.
And of course, the typical personal resolution of getting into shape. But this one kills two birds with one stone! The more I go out walking/jogging with Trigger, the more I get in shape and the less crazy he is inside. I can't loose!...unless I don't do it.
I hope that all of you who have made resolutions this year, KEEP them!! Whether its just to get in shape or boost your spiritual life. Resolutions are meant to better ourselves! If Devin and I get around to making a list, I may post it on here for my other newly wed couples! :) Accountability is always appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment