Monday, October 3, 2011

Well hopefully as time goes on, my ability to do more cool things on this blog will improve. Our hope is that this can be a more personal, and detailed update on our lives throughout the next few years.
Devin and I have been married for just over two months now! Woo hoo, in so many ways it has flown by, yet so much has happened it feels like it should be a longer time period than just two months. Having my best friend as a roommate has been awesome! We're learning everyday, and just trying to have fun as much as we can as newlyweds.
We're settled in to our first little humble home. It is a barn...literally! Some friends from the church down here offered for us to rent from them. They have a cute little split studio apartment on their property, which also happens to house our housemates, George and Bell Star. Two beautiful horses :) Also not too far from our back door is a chicken coup. We are about 15 minutes from "town". It has been so fun for me to see all the cool bugs, no matter how gross or scary! Also the hills are curves are more fun to drive on that just flat straight ones. Devin is finally back home, and I am learning my new home. I don't need my GPS as much, although Tomtom has been worthless the last three times i tried using it. I'm LOVING the warmer weather!!! Also I'm diving in head first into the Crimson Tide! :) Been to two games so far and experienced my first tailgating adventures. So fun!
Jobs, it seems to be the question everyone asks after you graduate college. As of this month we are proud to say that we will finally have consistent pay checks!!! Retail is great... but not so great at making ends meet. Devin officially starts with TPD (Tuscaloosa Police Department) on Oct 10th!! This was his first choice as a job down here, and we couldn't be happier!! Full time and benefits for our little family :) Also while keeping my job at the new White House | Black Market in Tuscaloosa, I will be working part time as the Assistant Youth Pastor to Wes Pate. I'll have more emphasis on the girl ministries, but helping him with planning and other activities. Praise God for answered prayers and employment! That was a concern for me moving down to Tuscaloosa, however I've had nothing but opportunities since I've gotten here, and I cannot give anyone credit but God for that! Devin will just be learning the ins and outs of the office for a few weeks before going to the Academy around January. Then after completing that training, he will be in a squad car with a partner for 6 months, then he's on his own! He could not be more excited!
We want to thank all of you who have been keeping us in your prayers these past few months. It is really appreciated!! For all my freshly graduated friends, or those who are about to be in a similar situation to us, be confident that God will provide as long as you lean on Him and search for His will. Not always easy... I hate trusting situations that I can't contribute to the outcome, but God knows what He's doing.
I'll post some pictures later of our new place :) Currently using Devin's phone for internet.
Love Always,
Emily Kerstetter

No comments:

Post a Comment